Over 20 lakh visit Vandalur zoo in 10 months
Chennai: Over 20 lakh people have visited the Arignar Anna Zoological Park, popularly known as the Vandalur Zoo, near here, in the last 10 months.
The number of visitors to the zoo crossed 20 lakh on January 26, Republic day, zoo officials said.
Spread over 1,490 acre, the zoo is said to be the biggest in the country and one of the largest in the world.
Located in the suburb of Chennai city, the zoo is one of the tourist attractions for visitors.
Founded in 1855,it is believed to the first public zoo in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!