Over 20 lakh visit Vandalur zoo in 10 months
Chennai: Over 20 lakh people have visited the Arignar Anna Zoological Park, popularly known as the Vandalur Zoo, near here, in the last 10 months.
The number of visitors to the zoo crossed 20 lakh on January 26, Republic day, zoo officials said.
Spread over 1,490 acre, the zoo is said to be the biggest in the country and one of the largest in the world.
Located in the suburb of Chennai city, the zoo is one of the tourist attractions for visitors.
Founded in 1855,it is believed to the first public zoo in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH