Oxford Book Store to promote rhino conservation
New Delhi: To spread awareness about the conservation of one-horned rhinos and its habitat in Assam, Oxford Book Store has tied up with the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF).
They will enroll customers of the bookstore and Cha Bar in the cause of conservation by contributing a small fraction of their purchase to fund the One-Horned Rhino Conservation Project.
"We will reach out to individuals of the younger generation through books and programmes to make for a better natural environment," said Ravi Singh, secretary general, WWF-India.
The partnership was announced at an event held in the capital late Thursday.
Sixteen rhinos have been killed by poachers this year. The Assam government has ordered a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the killings.
"The newest outlet of Oxford Bookstore in Connaught Place has stocked wildlife and environment conservation books and a green corner dedicated to WWF-India merchandise," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- WATCH! Dwayne Bravo bowls last ball of the match to MS Dhoni – This is what happened next
- 12 coaches of Thiruvananthapuram-Mangalore train derail in Kerala
- Hilarious: Sonakshi Sinha trolls Air India pilot on Snapchat! - Know why
- Curfew, restrictions continue in Kashmir Valley for 51st day
- Is Ramdev coming up with world-class varsity near Delhi like University of Houston?