Oxford Book Store to promote rhino conservation
New Delhi: To spread awareness about the conservation of one-horned rhinos and its habitat in Assam, Oxford Book Store has tied up with the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF).
They will enroll customers of the bookstore and Cha Bar in the cause of conservation by contributing a small fraction of their purchase to fund the One-Horned Rhino Conservation Project.
"We will reach out to individuals of the younger generation through books and programmes to make for a better natural environment," said Ravi Singh, secretary general, WWF-India.
The partnership was announced at an event held in the capital late Thursday.
Sixteen rhinos have been killed by poachers this year. The Assam government has ordered a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the killings.
"The newest outlet of Oxford Bookstore in Connaught Place has stocked wildlife and environment conservation books and a green corner dedicated to WWF-India merchandise," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH