Painted grasshopper becomes first of its kind to reach UK
London: Airport officials at Stansted,
about 56 km from here, have captured a painted grasshopper,
the first among its species that reached Britain on a flight
The colourful insect was found by inspectors from the
Food and Environment Research Agency.
FERA`s Sharon Reid who identified the insect, said
that it was not unusual for inspectors to find stray insects
in aeroplane holds, but this was the first alive and
well-painted grasshopper they had ever seen.
"The species, which has a voracious appetite, is a
pest in India and Pakistan where it damages food crops," Reid
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- 'A Flying Jatt' Box Office collections: Tiger Shroff-Jacqueline Fernandez starrer mints Rs 7.10 cr on opening day!
- It's terrible and awful - parents leave daughters to starve at Delhi home
- 'India can recast global narrative; needs 8-10% growth'
- Govt invites public comments on changing financial year
- Top Chinese general held in China's anti-graft campaign?