Peacock suffering from arthritis rescued
Ramanathapuram: A peacock, suffering from arthritis and neuro problems due to unusual cold conditions, has been rescued and admitted to a veterinary clinic for treatment near here by Forest Department officials, officials said.
Forest Department officials said they were informed that a peacock was struggling, unable to walk and fly.
Veterinarian Dr Senguttuvan, who examined it, said the bird had arthritis and neuro problem due to unusually severe cold conditions.
He said the bird`s clawed feet got crooked due to arthritis and hence it was not able to walk or fly.
The bird had been admitted to the forest department clinic for treatment.
- Quota stir in Gujarat phase-II: Hardik Patel's PAAS to begin 'lollipop Mahotsav' protest from today
- Real Estate Act, designed to protect consumer interest, comes into force from today
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video
- John Kerry to travel to Geneva on Sunday in show of support for Syria ceasefire: US
- Istanbul braces for police lockdown on May Day