Peacock suffering from arthritis rescued
Ramanathapuram: A peacock, suffering from arthritis and neuro problems due to unusual cold conditions, has been rescued and admitted to a veterinary clinic for treatment near here by Forest Department officials, officials said.
Forest Department officials said they were informed that a peacock was struggling, unable to walk and fly.
Veterinarian Dr Senguttuvan, who examined it, said the bird had arthritis and neuro problem due to unusually severe cold conditions.
He said the bird`s clawed feet got crooked due to arthritis and hence it was not able to walk or fly.
The bird had been admitted to the forest department clinic for treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends