Peacock suffering from arthritis rescued
Ramanathapuram: A peacock, suffering from arthritis and neuro problems due to unusual cold conditions, has been rescued and admitted to a veterinary clinic for treatment near here by Forest Department officials, officials said.
Forest Department officials said they were informed that a peacock was struggling, unable to walk and fly.
Veterinarian Dr Senguttuvan, who examined it, said the bird had arthritis and neuro problem due to unusually severe cold conditions.
He said the bird`s clawed feet got crooked due to arthritis and hence it was not able to walk or fly.
The bird had been admitted to the forest department clinic for treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Arvind Kejriwal wishes his once arch political rival Kiran Bedi on her elevation as Puducherry Guv
- I see an outset of a footballing atmosphere in India: Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Two lions killed as man jumps into enclosure in attempt to commit suicide - Watch video
- Lord Hanuman's idols are fully smeared with sindoor – Here's why
- These car companies are offering purchase discount of upto Rs 1 lakh