Peacock suffering from arthritis rescued
Ramanathapuram: A peacock, suffering from arthritis and neuro problems due to unusual cold conditions, has been rescued and admitted to a veterinary clinic for treatment near here by Forest Department officials, officials said.
Forest Department officials said they were informed that a peacock was struggling, unable to walk and fly.
Veterinarian Dr Senguttuvan, who examined it, said the bird had arthritis and neuro problem due to unusually severe cold conditions.
He said the bird`s clawed feet got crooked due to arthritis and hence it was not able to walk or fly.
The bird had been admitted to the forest department clinic for treatment.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'