Penalties from polluting units to be used for green measures
Gurgaon: Haryana has decided to create a separate corpus out of the forfeited guarantees from polluting industrial units and utilise it for installing common effluent treatment plants, sewage treatment plants, R&D activities and creating awareness on pollution.
The decision was taken by the Haryana Pollution Control Board, which also decided to set up two new regional offices, in Gurgaon (North & South) and Jind, to facilitate the industry concentrated in these areas.
With this, the Board will have 12 regional offices across the state. Sources said the Board has decided to keep the period of consent for green category of industries at five years.
Board Chairman and Additional Chief Secretary environment P K Gupta said that industries would now be allowed to get their bank guarantee given at the time of consent for setting up a second unit, if the amount of earlier company is due for refund/release.
The units are also at liberty to get this amount adjusted against the consent fees if the amount is due to release/refund.
The Board also decided that the Deputy Commissioner or his representative not below the rank of additional deputy commissioner will now head the District-Level Committee & District-level Clearance Committee.
Sources said the Board has also decided to forward the representation of Haryana Solvent Extractors Association for including solvent extractors plants in Orange category instead of Red category to the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) for examination and taking further decision in the matter.
The State Pollution Board has also decided to publish a compendium of pollution control laws/rules, notifications including important Supreme Court/High Court judgements on environment-related issues, which will be available free of cost to industry association.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city