Plant more trees: Punjab govt to people
Chandigarh: Punjab government today urged people to plant more saplings to make the state greener.
The government would celebrate `Van Mahautsav` on Tuesday at Sangrur district.
"Let trees become a part of our family, the pride of the village and cities. Let us create such an environment," Punjab Forest and Wild Life Preservation Minister Surjit Kumar Jayani said.
He urged the people to form a special bond with the oldest trees of the village and to plant five trees on the birth of a girl child.
`Van Mahautsav` is organised every year at various places by the state Forest department to promote more green cover in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!