Plant more trees: Punjab govt to people
Chandigarh: Punjab government today urged people to plant more saplings to make the state greener.
The government would celebrate `Van Mahautsav` on Tuesday at Sangrur district.
"Let trees become a part of our family, the pride of the village and cities. Let us create such an environment," Punjab Forest and Wild Life Preservation Minister Surjit Kumar Jayani said.
He urged the people to form a special bond with the oldest trees of the village and to plant five trees on the birth of a girl child.
`Van Mahautsav` is organised every year at various places by the state Forest department to promote more green cover in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city