PM Narendra Modi calls for a `Clean India` by 2019
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Stressing on cleanliness and reiterating his government`s resolve for a `Clean India`, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, during his maiden speech in Parliament, on Wednesday said that the country should accomplish the mission by 2019, which is the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
The Prime Minister urged to pledge for a `Clean India` by 2019 as a gift to the father of nation, on his 150th birth anniversary in the same year.
“Mahatma Gandhi laid great emphasis on cleanliness. His ashrams too focused on the same. Let us pledge we will give a `Clean India` as a gift to our father of the nation on his 150th birth anniversary in 2019,” said Modi.
The prime minister`s agenda `Clean India` was also found mentioned in President Pranab Mukherjee`s address to the joint session of Parliament on Monday.
President Pranab Mukherjee had said that for ensuring hygiene, waste management and sanitation across the nation a `Swachh Bharat Mission (Clean India Mission)` will be launched.
(With IANS Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000