PM Narendra Modi calls for a `Clean India` by 2019
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Stressing on cleanliness and reiterating his government`s resolve for a `Clean India`, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, during his maiden speech in Parliament, on Wednesday said that the country should accomplish the mission by 2019, which is the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
The Prime Minister urged to pledge for a `Clean India` by 2019 as a gift to the father of nation, on his 150th birth anniversary in the same year.
“Mahatma Gandhi laid great emphasis on cleanliness. His ashrams too focused on the same. Let us pledge we will give a `Clean India` as a gift to our father of the nation on his 150th birth anniversary in 2019,” said Modi.
The prime minister`s agenda `Clean India` was also found mentioned in President Pranab Mukherjee`s address to the joint session of Parliament on Monday.
President Pranab Mukherjee had said that for ensuring hygiene, waste management and sanitation across the nation a `Swachh Bharat Mission (Clean India Mission)` will be launched.
(With IANS Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you