Pollution levels in Delhi to rise
New Delhi: Delhi might see a sudden rise in its pollution levels in the coming days, thanks to the difference between the maximum and minimum temperatures which has reduced, the System of Air Quality Forecasting and Research said in a statement.
"It is likely to shoot up further in the coming three days by 30 to 60 percent, said Gufran Beig, chief project scientist at the System of Air Quality Forecasting and Research, Pune.
Prevailing calm wind conditions with sunlight is also one the factors for the rise in pollution levels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16