Pregnant elephant found dead in Rishikesh
Dehradun: A pregnant elephant was found dead in Gola beat of Rishikesh forest range, forest department officials said here today.
The 55-year-old elephant was found dead yesterday about four km from Bhattowala village of the forest range, they said.
A post mortem was conducted on the dead female elephant on the spot and a 14-month-old foetus was found in its womb.
The elephant died due to liver infection, the post mortem report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mayawati justifies counter abuse, says Dayashankar's wife, daughter paying for being silent on 'prostitute' comment
- Una row: 3 Dalits attempt suicide; situation largely peaceful
- Attention nail polish lovers! Here's how to apply nail paints perfectly—Watch video now
- JKCET-II 2016: Admit card released at www.jakbopee.org, check how to download
- Mercedes' Nico Rosberg signs a new two-year deal, extending his stay to 2018