Pregnant elephant found dead in Rishikesh
Dehradun: A pregnant elephant was found dead in Gola beat of Rishikesh forest range, forest department officials said here today.
The 55-year-old elephant was found dead yesterday about four km from Bhattowala village of the forest range, they said.
A post mortem was conducted on the dead female elephant on the spot and a 14-month-old foetus was found in its womb.
The elephant died due to liver infection, the post mortem report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog