Pregnant elephant found dead in Rishikesh
Dehradun: A pregnant elephant was found dead in Gola beat of Rishikesh forest range, forest department officials said here today.
The 55-year-old elephant was found dead yesterday about four km from Bhattowala village of the forest range, they said.
A post mortem was conducted on the dead female elephant on the spot and a 14-month-old foetus was found in its womb.
The elephant died due to liver infection, the post mortem report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire