President flags off eco-friendly solar car
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Tuesday flagged off a solar-powered passenger car developed by Delhi Technological University.
"With a speed of 120 km/hr, the solar car is a zero carbon emission and completely eco-friendly. It has a sedan shape with a seating capacity of two and option of adding three more seats," a press release said.
The car, flagged off from Rashtrapati Bhavan, will represent India at the Sasol Solar Challenge to be held in South Africa between September 15-29.
Solar cars from across the world will participate in the competition, which will cover 4,200 km along the coastline of South Africa.
The DTU solar car, codenamed `Solaris`, is one of the most innovative projects of DTU, earlier called the Delhi College of Engineering.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?