President flags off eco-friendly solar car
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Tuesday flagged off a solar-powered passenger car developed by Delhi Technological University.
"With a speed of 120 km/hr, the solar car is a zero carbon emission and completely eco-friendly. It has a sedan shape with a seating capacity of two and option of adding three more seats," a press release said.
The car, flagged off from Rashtrapati Bhavan, will represent India at the Sasol Solar Challenge to be held in South Africa between September 15-29.
Solar cars from across the world will participate in the competition, which will cover 4,200 km along the coastline of South Africa.
The DTU solar car, codenamed `Solaris`, is one of the most innovative projects of DTU, earlier called the Delhi College of Engineering.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you