Prince Charles criticises govt farm subsidies
Washington: Prince Charles is in Washington talking about environmentally friendly farming, and he says it is a change from giving royal wedding toasts.
After greeting students at Georgetown University today, Charles spoke passionately about organic and sustainable farming for almost an hour.
He made only brief reference to the worldwide hubbub over his son Prince William`s wedding to Kate Middleton last week. Charles called his remarks "a change from making embarrassing speeches about my eldest son during wedding receptions."
In his speech, the Prince of Wales criticized government subsidies for large-scale agriculture, and also decried industrial pollution and global dependence on oil.
Charles is scheduled to meet with President Barack Obama later today during his three-day visit to the United States.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say