Prince Charles criticises govt farm subsidies
Washington: Prince Charles is in Washington talking about environmentally friendly farming, and he says it is a change from giving royal wedding toasts.
After greeting students at Georgetown University today, Charles spoke passionately about organic and sustainable farming for almost an hour.
He made only brief reference to the worldwide hubbub over his son Prince William`s wedding to Kate Middleton last week. Charles called his remarks "a change from making embarrassing speeches about my eldest son during wedding receptions."
In his speech, the Prince of Wales criticized government subsidies for large-scale agriculture, and also decried industrial pollution and global dependence on oil.
Charles is scheduled to meet with President Barack Obama later today during his three-day visit to the United States.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- French PM `open` to interim ban on foreign funding of mosques
- Nirbhaya case: Convicts' lawyer challenges 'iron rod' theory, announces Rs 10 lakh reward for anyone who proves it
- Surprise! Bhagyashree looks amazingly hot in these latest PICS
- Here's how you can safely lose weight in one month without exercise!
- Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar blames Delhi's Arvind Kejriwal for Gurgaon jam – Know why