Prince Charles criticises govt farm subsidies
Washington: Prince Charles is in Washington talking about environmentally friendly farming, and he says it is a change from giving royal wedding toasts.
After greeting students at Georgetown University today, Charles spoke passionately about organic and sustainable farming for almost an hour.
He made only brief reference to the worldwide hubbub over his son Prince William`s wedding to Kate Middleton last week. Charles called his remarks "a change from making embarrassing speeches about my eldest son during wedding receptions."
In his speech, the Prince of Wales criticized government subsidies for large-scale agriculture, and also decried industrial pollution and global dependence on oil.
Charles is scheduled to meet with President Barack Obama later today during his three-day visit to the United States.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know