Prince Charles criticises govt farm subsidies
Washington: Prince Charles is in Washington talking about environmentally friendly farming, and he says it is a change from giving royal wedding toasts.
After greeting students at Georgetown University today, Charles spoke passionately about organic and sustainable farming for almost an hour.
He made only brief reference to the worldwide hubbub over his son Prince William`s wedding to Kate Middleton last week. Charles called his remarks "a change from making embarrassing speeches about my eldest son during wedding receptions."
In his speech, the Prince of Wales criticized government subsidies for large-scale agriculture, and also decried industrial pollution and global dependence on oil.
Charles is scheduled to meet with President Barack Obama later today during his three-day visit to the United States.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?