Prince Charles criticises govt farm subsidies
Washington: Prince Charles is in Washington talking about environmentally friendly farming, and he says it is a change from giving royal wedding toasts.
After greeting students at Georgetown University today, Charles spoke passionately about organic and sustainable farming for almost an hour.
He made only brief reference to the worldwide hubbub over his son Prince William`s wedding to Kate Middleton last week. Charles called his remarks "a change from making embarrassing speeches about my eldest son during wedding receptions."
In his speech, the Prince of Wales criticized government subsidies for large-scale agriculture, and also decried industrial pollution and global dependence on oil.
Charles is scheduled to meet with President Barack Obama later today during his three-day visit to the United States.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi