`Protect trees for ecological balance& environmental security`
Puducherry: Welfare and Tourism Minister P Rajavelu today stressed the need to protect trees so that there could be ecological balance and environmental security.
Launching a drive to plant more saplings on the occasion of celebration of 53rd De Jure Transfer day of Puducherry at Government High School Boys` hostel at nearby Bahoor village, he said planting of saplings alone was not enough.There should be proper protection and care to ensure that the saplings grow into trees for the protection of the environment.
He said youth should imbibe the spirit of environmental protection and inculcate the attitude to grow more trees.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference