`Protect trees for ecological balance& environmental security`
Puducherry: Welfare and Tourism Minister P Rajavelu today stressed the need to protect trees so that there could be ecological balance and environmental security.
Launching a drive to plant more saplings on the occasion of celebration of 53rd De Jure Transfer day of Puducherry at Government High School Boys` hostel at nearby Bahoor village, he said planting of saplings alone was not enough.There should be proper protection and care to ensure that the saplings grow into trees for the protection of the environment.
He said youth should imbibe the spirit of environmental protection and inculcate the attitude to grow more trees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- IIFA 2016: 'Befikre' lover-boy Ranveer Singh writes the most romantic congratulatory note for ladylove Deepika Padukone!
- India to get access to almost 99% of US defence technologies: White House official
- IIFA Madrid: Priyanka Chopra steals the show, thanks Shiamak Davar troupe!-- See pic
- 16 Taliban militants killed in US drone strike
- 1975 emergency was black day for India: PM Modi