`Protect trees for ecological balance& environmental security`
Puducherry: Welfare and Tourism Minister P Rajavelu today stressed the need to protect trees so that there could be ecological balance and environmental security.
Launching a drive to plant more saplings on the occasion of celebration of 53rd De Jure Transfer day of Puducherry at Government High School Boys` hostel at nearby Bahoor village, he said planting of saplings alone was not enough.There should be proper protection and care to ensure that the saplings grow into trees for the protection of the environment.
He said youth should imbibe the spirit of environmental protection and inculcate the attitude to grow more trees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says