Prototype robot that can find victims trapped under debris developed
Zee Media Bureau
Hyderabad: With earthquakes and other natural calamities posing as major threats to the world, a city-based non-profit organisation Hyderabad Science Society (HSS) has developed prototype of a robot that can help in finding victims trapped under debris after disasters.
“We have developed a prototype robot, which can be sent inside the debris to collect information about trapped victims. The robot, attached with two cameras and voice communication facilities, will capture images and send back the data to those supervising rescue operations,” said HSS Director Sanjar Ali Khan.
The prototype robot, which is one feet long, eight inches wide and around seven inches in height, will have a light attached to it so that it can go deep inside and look for victims.
“Lots of people get trapped under debris as a result of disasters. It was a year ago that we thought of developing a robotic device which would help in finding people to facilitate the rescue operations. It will come in handy for the police department and defence forces,” added Khan.
He said that the robot is currently undergoing preliminary trials at their lab and is expected to complete over the next 2-3 months.
The prototype robot will be operated via remote control although it is presently connected to power line and communication system cables.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate