Pune exotic birds and fish expo attracts visitors
Pune: A five-day-long expo on rare birds and fish is attracting thousands of visitors here.
Exhibition organisers said the expo would provide detailed information about the rare birds and fish.
"The exotic birds displayed here include the rare species which people get to see only on television. People will get detailed information about each bird including its origin and scientific name. I am very happy to say that Pune has started the breeding of these migratory birds. The birds displayed here are from the collection of the trustee of our organisation," said one of the organisers, Vinayak Raskar.
On display are Macaws, Cockatoos, Parakeets, Cockatiels and Conures.
Fantail Pigeons, Lovebirds, Pheasants and other exotic birds are also available at the venue.
Exotic water creatures like the Jelly Fish, Arowana, Asian Arowana, Alligator Gar, Black Ghost, Sting Ray, African Cichids, Doctor fish, Clown, Damsel, Angels, Shrimps, Invertebrates, Lionfish and the Stingray are also available.
"I``m very pleased to see this exhibition. We have brought our children to the exhibition. These are exotic birds which we never get to see, also we liked the fishes on display," said Savita Rajadnya, a visitor.
The expo ends on May 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...