Punjab forest cover to be enhanced from 7 to 15%
Chandigarh: Punjab government has decided to enhance forest cover in the state from existing 7 per cent to 15 per cent under `Greener Punjab Mission`.
Under this mission, 4.75 crore saplings are to be planted each year in the state.
This mission would continue for 8 years, Forest Minister Surjit Kumar Jyani said in a release.
He said the department would plant/distribute 475 lakh saplings for an estimated area of 20,000 hectare at an investment of Rs 122.42 crore in 2013-14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Live cricket score, live streaming: 2nd ODI - England v Pakistan at Lord's
- Acute Zika infection may damage sensory nerves
- Day after being sacked as AAP's Punjab convener, Sucha Singh Chhotepur calls for CBI probe
- Coal scam: Ex-Coal Secy says, don't want advocate whose fee I cannot pay; will face trial from jail
- Japan PM pledges to invest $ 30 billion in Africa by 2018