Punjab forest cover to be enhanced from 7 to 15%
Chandigarh: Punjab government has decided to enhance forest cover in the state from existing 7 per cent to 15 per cent under `Greener Punjab Mission`.
Under this mission, 4.75 crore saplings are to be planted each year in the state.
This mission would continue for 8 years, Forest Minister Surjit Kumar Jyani said in a release.
He said the department would plant/distribute 475 lakh saplings for an estimated area of 20,000 hectare at an investment of Rs 122.42 crore in 2013-14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- The legend of Nataraja form of Lord Shiva is inspiring, meaningful
- Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi's remarks irk Opposition which forces brief adjournment in Rajya Sabha
- Zee Entertainment launches Zee.One in Germany
- No talks about starring with Kangana in Ritesh's next: Irrfan Khan
- Dalits refuse to dispose of dead cattle, demand protection in Gujarat