Punjab govt encourages plantation of saplings in institutions
Chandigarh: Punjab government today stressed on plantation of saplings on vacant land in the state`s 20,600 government educational institutions to create awareness among students on environment.
The present monsoon season is fully conducive for plantation of seven lakh saplings, thereby contributing in making our state more green and eco-friendly, said education minister
Sikander Singh Maluka, stressing on plantation of saplings having medicinal value and fruit bearing plants.
The state education department has decided to launch a campaign to encourage students to not only plant maximum saplings, but also take care of existing trees in their respective institutions, he said.
Suggesting that local NGOs could also be roped in for the plantation purpose, the education minister added, institutions and students with better performance would be given appreciation awards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda