Rajasthan to set up tiger conservation foundation
Jaipur: The Rajasthan Government will set up a
Tiger Conservation Foundation (TCF) for preserving Sariska
Wild Life Sanctuary near Alwar and the Ranthambhore National
Park (RNP) in Sawaimadhopur.
The state cabinet today decided that the foundation would
be represented by the government, forest department, NGOs and
wildlife experts, an official spokesman said here.
The TCF would lay emphasis on conservation of biodiversity
and strengthening of infrastructure and supply of water to
The cabinet also approved amendment to the Disaster
Management Act, 2005.
For introducing mediclaim policy-2009 for accredited
journalists, the Rajasthan Patrakar and Sahityakar Kalyan Kosh
Act 2001, and Rajasthan Advertisement Act, 2001 would be
Later, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot said the government
respected the judgement of the High Court declaring the Mathur
Commission probing previous BJP government`s alleged financial
corruption and other bungling as "illegal".
The legalities for appealing the order in the Supreme
Court was being contemplated, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29