Rajasthan to set up tiger conservation foundation
Jaipur: The Rajasthan Government will set up a
Tiger Conservation Foundation (TCF) for preserving Sariska
Wild Life Sanctuary near Alwar and the Ranthambhore National
Park (RNP) in Sawaimadhopur.
The state cabinet today decided that the foundation would
be represented by the government, forest department, NGOs and
wildlife experts, an official spokesman said here.
The TCF would lay emphasis on conservation of biodiversity
and strengthening of infrastructure and supply of water to
The cabinet also approved amendment to the Disaster
Management Act, 2005.
For introducing mediclaim policy-2009 for accredited
journalists, the Rajasthan Patrakar and Sahityakar Kalyan Kosh
Act 2001, and Rajasthan Advertisement Act, 2001 would be
Later, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot said the government
respected the judgement of the High Court declaring the Mathur
Commission probing previous BJP government`s alleged financial
corruption and other bungling as "illegal".
The legalities for appealing the order in the Supreme
Court was being contemplated, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani