Rare species of Vulture found
Moradabad: A rare species of vulture was found in Bhansia village of the district, forest officials claimed today.
"This is a rare find. After its examination, we will declare the name of the species," District Forest Officer Chandra Bhuvan said.
The wing-span of the vulture is about nine feet against normal size of eight feet. Its height is about three feet and weighs about 20 kg, Bhuvan said.
Villagers had spotted four vultures of this type but three of them flew away, he said.
It was handed over to forest deputy ranger T C Pant.
"We will send it either to Delhi National Zoo or Lucknow Zoo," Pant said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack