Rare species of Vulture found
Moradabad: A rare species of vulture was found in Bhansia village of the district, forest officials claimed today.
"This is a rare find. After its examination, we will declare the name of the species," District Forest Officer Chandra Bhuvan said.
The wing-span of the vulture is about nine feet against normal size of eight feet. Its height is about three feet and weighs about 20 kg, Bhuvan said.
Villagers had spotted four vultures of this type but three of them flew away, he said.
It was handed over to forest deputy ranger T C Pant.
"We will send it either to Delhi National Zoo or Lucknow Zoo," Pant said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- After Mumbai Indians, Krunal and Hardik Pandya to play for new team
- Procedural delay and not failure, says MEA on India's NSG membership issue
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!
- Greg Chappell strikes! Former coach claims team took short-cuts, key players selfish