Remove dumped construction material from capital: NGT to DMRC
New Delhi: Taking a stern view on dumping of construction material in national capital by Delhi Metro Rail Corporation, the National Green Tribunal today directed DMRC to ensure that all such materials be removed and taken to a designated site without any further delay.
A bench headed by Justice Swatanter Kumar issued show cause notice to DMRC as to why should they not be directed to deposit Rs 5 lakh as costs for dumping of debris on the banks of Yamuna river.
"DMRC shall ensure that all the construction material dumped anywhere in the city should be removed and taken to designated site without any further delay.
"DMRC will show cause why it should not be directed to deposit Rs 5 lakhs as costs in terms of our order dated July 22, 2013," the bench held.
The bench, on July 22, 2013, had said that those dumping debris on the banks of the Yamuna river will be fined Rs 5 lakh in addition to having to remove it from the site.
NGT was hearing a plea by Manoj Mishra seeking ban on dumping of rubble into Yamuna and ensuring cleaning up of the river.
During the hearing today, the green bench allowed the Expert committee, formed by it on May 30, to nominate one professor each, who is specialist in the field of technology, to look into the issue and advice accordingly.
The tribunal also directed that any information sought by this Expert Committee shall be responded to within one week from its receipt by the office of the Vice Chairman of the Delhi Development Authority and the Chairperson of this Committee.
The bench had constituted a committee comprising of Directors of IIT, Roorkee and Delhi to look into dumping of waste and debris into the Yamuna and the covering and encroachments of storm water drains (SWDs).
The Tribunal held that it should be ensured that no debris, construction debris or any other material be thrown into the river banks or even along the drains in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- WhatsApp chat between Hrithik Roshan and his mother will give you fitness goals! View inside
- Producer's Guild hold emergency meet after 'Dishoom' leak threat
- WATCH: HISTORIC! Neeraj Chopra sets U-20 Javelin record, becomes first Indian world champion in athletics
- REVEALED: Why Hindu families in Aligarh want to sell their houses, leave area
- We’re not broken, just bent and we can learn to love again!