Rhino, elephant found dead in Kaziranga
Kaziranga: A rhino and an elephant were found dead in Kaziranga National Park today, forest officials said.
The carcass of the adult male rhino with its horn intact was found in Barakata area under Bagori range of the Park.
Forest officials said the rhino was suspected to have died a natural death about three days ago.
In another incident, an elephant, which had triggered panic in Deopani area of the same range in the Park, was found dead today with injury marks on its body.
The elephant was said to be in a state of `musth` and could have perished due to conflict with other animals or killed by poachers, the officials added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'