Rhino, elephant found dead in Kaziranga
Kaziranga: A rhino and an elephant were found dead in Kaziranga National Park today, forest officials said.
The carcass of the adult male rhino with its horn intact was found in Barakata area under Bagori range of the Park.
Forest officials said the rhino was suspected to have died a natural death about three days ago.
In another incident, an elephant, which had triggered panic in Deopani area of the same range in the Park, was found dead today with injury marks on its body.
The elephant was said to be in a state of `musth` and could have perished due to conflict with other animals or killed by poachers, the officials added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video