Rhinoceros to be extinct by 2020
Zee Media Bureau
London: Despite the increasing public awareness of the dangers of illegal poaching on endangered animal species, the number of animals that are poached around the world seems to be increasing according to recent reports. The incessant selfishness of human beings has threatened the survival of wildlife animals. The animal which is getting close to the verge of extinction is the rhinoceros.
Experts have revealed that if poaching continues at the present alarming rate, both white and black rhinos will be extinct by the year 2020.The slaughter of both white and black rhinos has soared in six years, as 13 rhinos were poached in 2007, while the number rose to 1,004 in 2013.
Will Travers, chief executive of the Born Free Foundation, said that there are just 20,000 white rhino and 5,000 black rhino left in the wild and the poaching would devastate the numbers in the next six years.
He further said that there will probably be no free-living rhinos as the remaining numbers will be fenced off in military-style compounds which are alarmed and heavily guarded by armed patrols.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested