Rhinoceros to be extinct by 2020
Zee Media Bureau
London: Despite the increasing public awareness of the dangers of illegal poaching on endangered animal species, the number of animals that are poached around the world seems to be increasing according to recent reports. The incessant selfishness of human beings has threatened the survival of wildlife animals. The animal which is getting close to the verge of extinction is the rhinoceros.
Experts have revealed that if poaching continues at the present alarming rate, both white and black rhinos will be extinct by the year 2020.The slaughter of both white and black rhinos has soared in six years, as 13 rhinos were poached in 2007, while the number rose to 1,004 in 2013.
Will Travers, chief executive of the Born Free Foundation, said that there are just 20,000 white rhino and 5,000 black rhino left in the wild and the poaching would devastate the numbers in the next six years.
He further said that there will probably be no free-living rhinos as the remaining numbers will be fenced off in military-style compounds which are alarmed and heavily guarded by armed patrols.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you