RK Pachauri to step down as IPCC boss in 2015
Washington: The Indian leading the United Nation`s climate science arm is planning to step down from his position in 2015.
Rajendra Kumar Pachauri told about his plans to Speigel Online. He is not a scientist himself, despite the fact that he leads a group of climate scientists looking at global warming.
The 73-year-old is rather a railroad engineer, an economist and a consultant with lucrative contracts in the energy industry, Fox News reports.
The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) he helms began a week-long debate in Sweden over the group`s latest report, a massive analysis of the state of the climate published every six years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach