RK Pachauri to step down as IPCC boss in 2015
Washington: The Indian leading the United Nation`s climate science arm is planning to step down from his position in 2015.
Rajendra Kumar Pachauri told about his plans to Speigel Online. He is not a scientist himself, despite the fact that he leads a group of climate scientists looking at global warming.
The 73-year-old is rather a railroad engineer, an economist and a consultant with lucrative contracts in the energy industry, Fox News reports.
The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) he helms began a week-long debate in Sweden over the group`s latest report, a massive analysis of the state of the climate published every six years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report