Royal Bengal Tiger killed, elephant injured in Kaziranga
Kaziranga: A Royal Bengal Tiger was killed and an elephant seriously injured in two separate incidents of infighting in two ranges of Assam`s Kaziranga National Park.
The carcass of the tiger was found in Normara beel in Kohora range of the Park last night by patrolling Park personnel and was suspected to have died due to infighting among the species, Park officials said today.
In another incident of suspected infighting, an elephant was seriously injured in Bagori range of the Park and was found by patrolling forest officials today.
A team of veterinarians have rushed to the spot to attend to the injured elephant.
This is the third incident of infighting among elephants since November 23 with two pachyderms being killed so far, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months