Royal Bengal Tiger killed, elephant injured in Kaziranga
Kaziranga: A Royal Bengal Tiger was killed and an elephant seriously injured in two separate incidents of infighting in two ranges of Assam`s Kaziranga National Park.
The carcass of the tiger was found in Normara beel in Kohora range of the Park last night by patrolling Park personnel and was suspected to have died due to infighting among the species, Park officials said today.
In another incident of suspected infighting, an elephant was seriously injured in Bagori range of the Park and was found by patrolling forest officials today.
A team of veterinarians have rushed to the spot to attend to the injured elephant.
This is the third incident of infighting among elephants since November 23 with two pachyderms being killed so far, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'