Royal Bengal Tiger killed, elephant injured in Kaziranga
Kaziranga: A Royal Bengal Tiger was killed and an elephant seriously injured in two separate incidents of infighting in two ranges of Assam`s Kaziranga National Park.
The carcass of the tiger was found in Normara beel in Kohora range of the Park last night by patrolling Park personnel and was suspected to have died due to infighting among the species, Park officials said today.
In another incident of suspected infighting, an elephant was seriously injured in Bagori range of the Park and was found by patrolling forest officials today.
A team of veterinarians have rushed to the spot to attend to the injured elephant.
This is the third incident of infighting among elephants since November 23 with two pachyderms being killed so far, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre