Royal Bengal Tiger killed, elephant injured in Kaziranga
Kaziranga: A Royal Bengal Tiger was killed and an elephant seriously injured in two separate incidents of infighting in two ranges of Assam`s Kaziranga National Park.
The carcass of the tiger was found in Normara beel in Kohora range of the Park last night by patrolling Park personnel and was suspected to have died due to infighting among the species, Park officials said today.
In another incident of suspected infighting, an elephant was seriously injured in Bagori range of the Park and was found by patrolling forest officials today.
A team of veterinarians have rushed to the spot to attend to the injured elephant.
This is the third incident of infighting among elephants since November 23 with two pachyderms being killed so far, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- New forms of HIV can jump from animals to humans
- SC issues notice to EC on plea seeking disqualification of convicted lawmakers
- Kashmir unrest: SC to hear plea seeking Governor's rule in Valley next week
- Miranda Kerr just said 'yes' to Snapchat co-founder Evan Spiegel
- US report on Chinese Muslims joining ISIS groundless: Media