Rs 35.38 cr project to boost organic farming in Assam
Guwahati: Assam`s agriculture department would implement a Rs 35.38 crore project to boost organic farming in the state for which a four-member committee has been formed.
As part of the programme, a substantial area under each of the 126 assembly constituencies would be brought under different organic crops, mostly vegetables, fruits and rice, official sources said here today.
"Organic farming will be formally introduced, covering a minimum of 50 hectares of cropland, in every constituency in the first phase", the sources said.
A four-member committee has been formed for the purpose which is studying various aspects of organic farming, including soil quality testing.
The Rs 35.38-crore project, to be implemented in three yearly phases, will involve and benefit 12,600 farmers.
Its different components include technology transfer, certification, fencing, mechanization, market linkage, and training to both farmers and service providers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery