Sansar Chand, India`s deadliest poacher to walk free
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In what could be called as a case of flawed justice, Sansar Chand, the notorious poacher and wildlife trader could walk free and be out of the black holes soon. A Delhi court today refused to slap a stringent anti-organized crime law against him, which would have been the stumbling block in him getting the bail.
Two hundred and fifty tigers, 2,000 leopards, 5,000 otters, 20,000 wild cats, 20,000 wild foxes and still counting. That’s the unbelievable and shocking number of wild animals that law enforcers have been able to count as falling prey to the deadly trade plied by Sansar Chand.
Chand has been in jail since 2005, but due to faulty investigation, inconclusive evidences and his ability to fool the cops, he could soon be walking free.
Chand argued against being charged under the Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) on technical grounds, that only those with two past convictions can be charged under the law. Chand had already secured bail in other cases under the Wildlife Act in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand