Saplings planted on International Biodiversity Day
Kohima: Saplings were planted on International Biodiversity Day today in Nagaland as stress was laid on the importance of conserving forests for the services it provides to the people.
State PCCF, Dr C L Goel highlighted the importance of conservation of biodiversity especially at the genetic level to improve genetic stock of important species be it in the medicinal sector or in terms of food security, which is also known as eugenics.
He stressed on the importance of plant life in terms of water availability and urged everyone to plant more trees and conserve biodiversity.
Delivering the keynote address Additional PCCF (Environment and Climate Change), Lokewara Rao said that forests are very important in the water cycle as catchment areas and urged for the conservation of forests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried