Saplings planted on International Biodiversity Day
Kohima: Saplings were planted on International Biodiversity Day today in Nagaland as stress was laid on the importance of conserving forests for the services it provides to the people.
State PCCF, Dr C L Goel highlighted the importance of conservation of biodiversity especially at the genetic level to improve genetic stock of important species be it in the medicinal sector or in terms of food security, which is also known as eugenics.
He stressed on the importance of plant life in terms of water availability and urged everyone to plant more trees and conserve biodiversity.
Delivering the keynote address Additional PCCF (Environment and Climate Change), Lokewara Rao said that forests are very important in the water cycle as catchment areas and urged for the conservation of forests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Sarbananda Sonowal takes charge as Assam’s first BJP CM, PM Modi attends his swearing-in
- Desperate times, desperate measures! Parineeti Chopra's make-up ain’t gonna stop – See pic
- IPL 9 VIDEO: When Shikhar Dhawan, Yuvraj Singh became Gabbar and taxi driver
- First Talgo train trial on Bareilly-Moradabad rail route on May 29
- Rahul Gandhi to lead rally against AAP, BJP over Delhi power crisis