SC mulling total ban on plastic bags
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Monday said it would consider whether to completely ban the use of plastic in the interests of animals and the environment.
An apex court bench headed by Justice GS Singhvi said this during the hearing of a PIL (public interest litigation), drawing attention of the court to the plight of animals, which were allegedly swallowing plastic with their food.
The PIL was moved by Karuna Society for Animal and Nature.
The court issued notice to the central and state governments and the plastic manufacturers on the PIL.
The court suggested that either the use of plastic be banned or the manufacturers should pick up the used plastic and re-cycle it.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living