School children rally for tiger conservation
Kolkata: About 1,500 children from schools across Kolkata today participated in a rally to spread awareness on tiger conservation.
Between skits, painted posters, banners and loud calls of "Save Our Tigers", the children sent poignant reminders to adults about the need to protect India`s natural heritage.
The rally at Park Circus area is part of the `Save Our Tigers` campaign organised by Aircel in association with wildlife magazine Sanctuary Asia.
"Saving the tiger in not an animal rights issue, it`s a human welfare issue. I know children understand this, our objective now is to explain this reality to their parents so that we win their support for the huge task ahead to protect the tiger and all biodiversity and to leave our children a stable climate," said eminent conservationist Bittu Sahgal who is also the founder editor of Sanctuary Asia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state