Science Congress venue gets `Vigyan Jyoti` for the first time
Thiruvanthapuram: A `Vigyan Jyoti` (flame of
knowledge) has been lit for the first time at the venue of the
Indian Science Congress (ISC) in its 97-year-old history in
the ongoing national meet here.
The message of the flame lit in front of the 97th ISC
venue at the Kerala University Campus at Karyavattam here is
"science for green earth".
The flame, which is kept in a vase, was fixed at a porch
specially put up in front of the Theme Pavilion at the venue,
where the `Pride of India Exhibition` was taking place.
According to the ISC organisers, the fire represented the
unquenched desire to explore scientific truth.
Scientific temperament and spirit should be developed and
passed on to the entire society, particularly among youth,
"It is the first time that such a `jyoti` has been set up
as part of the National Science Congress and Kerala can be
proud about it," Mangesh Vichare, Director of Maharashtra-based event-management group M M Active, told agencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian woman delivers world's heaviest baby in Karnataka
- Ajay Devgn in trouble? Complaint against actor over 'Shivaay' poster
- Apple explores charging stations for electric vehicles
- Bipasha Basu speaks about husband Karan Singh Grover’s previous marriages - Click here to read
- IPL 2016: Andre Russell's injury badly hurt Kolkata Knight Riders' chances of winning third title