Science Congress venue gets `Vigyan Jyoti` for the first time
Thiruvanthapuram: A `Vigyan Jyoti` (flame of
knowledge) has been lit for the first time at the venue of the
Indian Science Congress (ISC) in its 97-year-old history in
the ongoing national meet here.
The message of the flame lit in front of the 97th ISC
venue at the Kerala University Campus at Karyavattam here is
"science for green earth".
The flame, which is kept in a vase, was fixed at a porch
specially put up in front of the Theme Pavilion at the venue,
where the `Pride of India Exhibition` was taking place.
According to the ISC organisers, the fire represented the
unquenched desire to explore scientific truth.
Scientific temperament and spirit should be developed and
passed on to the entire society, particularly among youth,
"It is the first time that such a `jyoti` has been set up
as part of the National Science Congress and Kerala can be
proud about it," Mangesh Vichare, Director of Maharashtra-based event-management group M M Active, told agencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'