Science Congress venue gets `Vigyan Jyoti` for the first time
Thiruvanthapuram: A `Vigyan Jyoti` (flame of
knowledge) has been lit for the first time at the venue of the
Indian Science Congress (ISC) in its 97-year-old history in
the ongoing national meet here.
The message of the flame lit in front of the 97th ISC
venue at the Kerala University Campus at Karyavattam here is
"science for green earth".
The flame, which is kept in a vase, was fixed at a porch
specially put up in front of the Theme Pavilion at the venue,
where the `Pride of India Exhibition` was taking place.
According to the ISC organisers, the fire represented the
unquenched desire to explore scientific truth.
Scientific temperament and spirit should be developed and
passed on to the entire society, particularly among youth,
"It is the first time that such a `jyoti` has been set up
as part of the National Science Congress and Kerala can be
proud about it," Mangesh Vichare, Director of Maharashtra-based event-management group M M Active, told agencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan