Scientists call off hunt for exotic life in the Antarctic lake
London: Researchers with the British Antarctic Survey have called off their mission to search for life in the Antarctic lake after a technical glitch played spoiled sport which resulted in the team facing difficulties with the drilling task.
The scientists wanted to drill Lake Ellsworth which is believed to have been in a frozen state for over hundreds of years. Their aim behind this drilling task was to uncover microbial life forms that may provide a new approach into the evolution of life on Earth.
Besides that they also hoped that the lake floor`s sediments might yield a new record of the Earth’s climate.
According to a statement posted to the survey’s website on Thursday said the operation had been canceled and it was not clear whether or not the scientists would try again.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you