Several Chinese cities reel under smog
Beijing: Smog continued to blanket China`s north and central regions for the third day today, prompting the National Meteorological Centre (NMC) to issue a yellow alert for air pollution.
Beijing, Tianjin and parts of Hebei, Shandong, Henan, Shaanxi and Shanxi provinces expect heavy air pollution from this morning to tomorrow morning, according to the NMC forecast.
Beijing, Tianjin and Hebei Province have been suffering heavy smog since Thursday, Xinhua news agency reported.
On Friday, PM 2.5 readings in these regions kept rising and exceeded 200 micrograms per cubic meter, far above the 25 micrograms level considered safe by the World Health Organization.
The NMC on Thursday forecast the smog would last for a week as no cold front is in sight to help disperse.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?