Shanghai stages half-naked bike ride to promote green energy
Shanghai: Half-naked men and women in bikinis took part in an annual bicycle ride to promote the use of green energy, healthy lifestyle and zero-carbon transportation in this Chinese metropolis.
More than 30 people rode in the third annual event from the Orient Sports Center to the Binjiang Park in Shanghai`s Pudong New Area last week, the China Daily reported Sunday.
The event was supported by the China Communist Youth League.
"I am tired of the pressure of staying in the office all day. This is a wonderful platform to relax and meet friends. It is also a good approach to promote green commuting and to raise public consciousness of green energy," said a participant, Han Guqiao.
Another participant, Shen Jiajin, said he supports low petrol dependency.
However, this year`s programme was not as successful from last year`s, which attracted about 200 people.
The event founder said they had been expecting more than 100 people, including some from the US, Germany and Australia but they did not turn up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report