Siberian tiger eats oxes in China
Beijing: A wild Siberian tiger has eaten several oxes in the past week in two forest farms of China`s Heilongjiang province, authorities said Wednesday.
Two people called police to report that their oxes had been eaten by wild animals and that plum-blossom-shape footprints were discovered, Xinhua reported.
The killer animal was confirmed to be a mature wild Siberian tiger above three years after analysis of the footprints.
It is 19 years since a wild Siberian tiger was found in the west Wandashan mountain area, about 200 km away from the China-Russian border where the big cat frequently appeared.
Siberian tigers, one of the world`s rarest animal species, mainly live in eastern Russia, northeast China and parts of the Korean Peninsula. Less than 500 Siberian tigers currently live in the wild.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS