Siberian tiger eats oxes in China
Beijing: A wild Siberian tiger has eaten several oxes in the past week in two forest farms of China`s Heilongjiang province, authorities said Wednesday.
Two people called police to report that their oxes had been eaten by wild animals and that plum-blossom-shape footprints were discovered, Xinhua reported.
The killer animal was confirmed to be a mature wild Siberian tiger above three years after analysis of the footprints.
It is 19 years since a wild Siberian tiger was found in the west Wandashan mountain area, about 200 km away from the China-Russian border where the big cat frequently appeared.
Siberian tigers, one of the world`s rarest animal species, mainly live in eastern Russia, northeast China and parts of the Korean Peninsula. Less than 500 Siberian tigers currently live in the wild.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you