Sick tigress dies at zoo
Bhopal: A 19-year-old ailing tigress named `Reena` died late last night in the Van Vihar National Park, official sources said today.
Born on August 30, 1994 in Bhopal-based Van Vihar, Reena had stopped taking meals since April 23 and was put under medication.
However, due to old-age, the tigress did not respond to the treatment and passed away late last night, sources said adding the average age of a tiger around 15 years.
After the autopsy, the last rites of the tigress were performed in the park itself.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- 'Saffron party will still face defeat in the upcoming assembly elections', BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna Joshi jump
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh