Sick tigress dies at zoo
Bhopal: A 19-year-old ailing tigress named `Reena` died late last night in the Van Vihar National Park, official sources said today.
Born on August 30, 1994 in Bhopal-based Van Vihar, Reena had stopped taking meals since April 23 and was put under medication.
However, due to old-age, the tigress did not respond to the treatment and passed away late last night, sources said adding the average age of a tiger around 15 years.
After the autopsy, the last rites of the tigress were performed in the park itself.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler