Sick tigress dies at zoo
Bhopal: A 19-year-old ailing tigress named `Reena` died late last night in the Van Vihar National Park, official sources said today.
Born on August 30, 1994 in Bhopal-based Van Vihar, Reena had stopped taking meals since April 23 and was put under medication.
However, due to old-age, the tigress did not respond to the treatment and passed away late last night, sources said adding the average age of a tiger around 15 years.
After the autopsy, the last rites of the tigress were performed in the park itself.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown