Sick tigress dies at zoo
Bhopal: A 19-year-old ailing tigress named `Reena` died late last night in the Van Vihar National Park, official sources said today.
Born on August 30, 1994 in Bhopal-based Van Vihar, Reena had stopped taking meals since April 23 and was put under medication.
However, due to old-age, the tigress did not respond to the treatment and passed away late last night, sources said adding the average age of a tiger around 15 years.
After the autopsy, the last rites of the tigress were performed in the park itself.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Film with Alia Bhatt not typical hero-heroine one: Shah Rukh Khan
- IPL 9: Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders – Probably playing XIs; players to watch out for
- Amazing! Village in China painted with 3D colours to attract tourists; See PICS
- Vital facts about Kangana Ranaut's leaked image suppressed: Hrithik Roshan's camp
- Sunita Williams, team to ensure safe cargo flights to ISS