Sick tigress dies at zoo
Bhopal: A 19-year-old ailing tigress named `Reena` died late last night in the Van Vihar National Park, official sources said today.
Born on August 30, 1994 in Bhopal-based Van Vihar, Reena had stopped taking meals since April 23 and was put under medication.
However, due to old-age, the tigress did not respond to the treatment and passed away late last night, sources said adding the average age of a tiger around 15 years.
After the autopsy, the last rites of the tigress were performed in the park itself.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hawaiian Airlines makes another emergency landing in Japan
- Shocking! Indian man washes vegetables in sewer water (Watch video)
- Olympics 2016: Usain Bolt arrives in Rio for shot at immortality
- Man detained from Dubai-Kozhikode IndiGo flight did not raise ISIS slogans
- Armed with a brush, a dalit fights paralysis with miniature art