Solar based drinking water system in Maoist-hit areas
New Delhi: The government plans to install 10,000 solar power based water systems to supply safe drinking water to the people in 78 Maoist-affected areas, the Lok Sabha was informed Friday.
Rural Development Jairam Ramesh said that the solar-based system will go a long way in solving the drinking water problems of the naxal-affected areas.
The project will be funded from the National Rural Drinking Water Programme and the National Clean Energy Fund.
Ramesh informed that solar-based water systems will be installed in the 78 maoist-affected districts to meet the challenges of drinking water scarcity in these areas.
"About Rs.540 crore have been earmarked for this project and 200 such systems have already been set up in Gadchiroli district in Maharashtra," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview