Solar power to light up Mayudia; help wildlife conservation
Itanagar: The Wildlife Trust of India (WTI) in collaboration with Arunachal Pradesh Environment and Forest department distributed solar energy equipment to 25,000 households in Mayudia to meet power crisis in the village.
The distribution, WTI officials claimed, would further bridge the conservation support and confidence for the ongoing Asiatic black bear rehabilitation project and the Hoolock Gibbon Translocation Project at the Mehao Wildlife Sanctuary, which is in the vicinity of Tiwari Gaon.
Beneficiaries at Mayudia, in the Mishmi hill ranges of Arunachal Pradesh, received solar equipment consisting of one solar panel, one chargeable multipurpose battery unit, one table lamp and an emergency light.
The facility was provided to villagers during an "interaction for Conservation Awareness and Distribution of Solar Equipment" yesterday, WTI Deputy Director and Regional Head Sunil Kyarong said.
Tiwari Gaon is a fringe village adjacent to the Mehao Wildlife Sanctuary, where people are supporting the bear conservation and rehabilitation project and Hoolock Gibbon Translocation project for the safety of the wildlife.
"We do not have power supply right from the beginning. It would be of great help to our villagers who have been suffering due to the power crisis. Despite such limitations they are actively supporting wildlife conservation in Mehao Wildlife Sanctuary," village headman Napi Umpo said.
The distribution and awareness function was attended by Obian Jonkey, Range Officer Mehao Wildlife Sanctuary and Soumya Dasgupta, Assistant Manager of WTI along with wildlife activists of the village.
The WTI along with state forest department is trying to focus the conservation issues among the villagers through this confidence building approach for the safety and well being of nature and wildlife in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Meghalaya Board SSLC Results 2016: megresults.nic.in, www.mbose.in; Tura Result 2016, MBOSE Class 10 Examination Result 2016 to be declared today at 10 am
- Mbose.in HSSLC SSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board (Megresults.nic.in) MBOSE Tura 10th 12th (Arts) board exam results 2016 to be announced today on May 25
- Mahresult.nic.in 12th HSC Results 2016 Maharashtra Board: Hscresult.mkcl.org MSBSHSE HSC Class 12th XII (+2) Results 2016 to be declared today on May 25 at 1 PM
- Biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016: Bihar Board Class 12 XII Intermediate Arts Results 2016 to be announced today on 25th May, 2016 at 3 PM
- Mbose.in HSSLC 12th Results 2016: Meghalaya Board (megresults.nic.in) class 12th HSSLC Arts exam results 2016, MBOSE to be declared today on May 25 at 10 AM