Solar power to light up Mayudia; help wildlife conservation
Itanagar: The Wildlife Trust of India (WTI) in collaboration with Arunachal Pradesh Environment and Forest department distributed solar energy equipment to 25,000 households in Mayudia to meet power crisis in the village.
The distribution, WTI officials claimed, would further bridge the conservation support and confidence for the ongoing Asiatic black bear rehabilitation project and the Hoolock Gibbon Translocation Project at the Mehao Wildlife Sanctuary, which is in the vicinity of Tiwari Gaon.
Beneficiaries at Mayudia, in the Mishmi hill ranges of Arunachal Pradesh, received solar equipment consisting of one solar panel, one chargeable multipurpose battery unit, one table lamp and an emergency light.
The facility was provided to villagers during an "interaction for Conservation Awareness and Distribution of Solar Equipment" yesterday, WTI Deputy Director and Regional Head Sunil Kyarong said.
Tiwari Gaon is a fringe village adjacent to the Mehao Wildlife Sanctuary, where people are supporting the bear conservation and rehabilitation project and Hoolock Gibbon Translocation project for the safety of the wildlife.
"We do not have power supply right from the beginning. It would be of great help to our villagers who have been suffering due to the power crisis. Despite such limitations they are actively supporting wildlife conservation in Mehao Wildlife Sanctuary," village headman Napi Umpo said.
The distribution and awareness function was attended by Obian Jonkey, Range Officer Mehao Wildlife Sanctuary and Soumya Dasgupta, Assistant Manager of WTI along with wildlife activists of the village.
The WTI along with state forest department is trying to focus the conservation issues among the villagers through this confidence building approach for the safety and well being of nature and wildlife in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends