Solar power to light up Mayudia; help wildlife conservation
Itanagar: The Wildlife Trust of India (WTI) in collaboration with Arunachal Pradesh Environment and Forest department distributed solar energy equipment to 25,000 households in Mayudia to meet power crisis in the village.
The distribution, WTI officials claimed, would further bridge the conservation support and confidence for the ongoing Asiatic black bear rehabilitation project and the Hoolock Gibbon Translocation Project at the Mehao Wildlife Sanctuary, which is in the vicinity of Tiwari Gaon.
Beneficiaries at Mayudia, in the Mishmi hill ranges of Arunachal Pradesh, received solar equipment consisting of one solar panel, one chargeable multipurpose battery unit, one table lamp and an emergency light.
The facility was provided to villagers during an "interaction for Conservation Awareness and Distribution of Solar Equipment" yesterday, WTI Deputy Director and Regional Head Sunil Kyarong said.
Tiwari Gaon is a fringe village adjacent to the Mehao Wildlife Sanctuary, where people are supporting the bear conservation and rehabilitation project and Hoolock Gibbon Translocation project for the safety of the wildlife.
"We do not have power supply right from the beginning. It would be of great help to our villagers who have been suffering due to the power crisis. Despite such limitations they are actively supporting wildlife conservation in Mehao Wildlife Sanctuary," village headman Napi Umpo said.
The distribution and awareness function was attended by Obian Jonkey, Range Officer Mehao Wildlife Sanctuary and Soumya Dasgupta, Assistant Manager of WTI along with wildlife activists of the village.
The WTI along with state forest department is trying to focus the conservation issues among the villagers through this confidence building approach for the safety and well being of nature and wildlife in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what