South Korea bans fish imports from Fukushima region
Seoul: South Korea Friday banned imports of all fishery products from Japan`s Fukushima region, which has been suspected of leaking hundreds of tonnes of radiation-contaminated water everyday.
"Imports of all fishery products from eight prefectures surrounding Japan`s Fukushima, which is seriously polluted and damaged by radiation, will be banned", Xinhua reported citing the website of South Korea`s ministry of oceans and fisheries.
The eight prefectures are Fukushima, Ibaraki, Gunma, Miyagi, Iwate, Tochigi, Chiba and Aomori.
In the past, import bans had been imposed only on 50 fishery products from the Fukushima region, but it will be expanded to all products from now on, the ministry said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter