South Korea bans fish imports from Fukushima region
Seoul: South Korea Friday banned imports of all fishery products from Japan`s Fukushima region, which has been suspected of leaking hundreds of tonnes of radiation-contaminated water everyday.
"Imports of all fishery products from eight prefectures surrounding Japan`s Fukushima, which is seriously polluted and damaged by radiation, will be banned", Xinhua reported citing the website of South Korea`s ministry of oceans and fisheries.
The eight prefectures are Fukushima, Ibaraki, Gunma, Miyagi, Iwate, Tochigi, Chiba and Aomori.
In the past, import bans had been imposed only on 50 fishery products from the Fukushima region, but it will be expanded to all products from now on, the ministry said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!