Suspend work in textile dying, printing units in Pali: NGT
Jodhpur: National Green Tribunal today ordered suspension of work in textile dying and printing units in Pali district that were operating without Consent to Operate from the Rajasthan Pollution Control Board.
The Jodhpur bench of the NGT has also sought a compliance report of its order on May 2, the next date for the hearing.
The order will affect roughly 80 per cent of about 600 dying and printing units in the district.
NGT Chairman Justice Swantanter Kumar pronounced the order while hearing a petition by Shri Kissan Paryavaran Sangharsh Samiti drawing the attention of the tribunal to the grave danger posed by the pollution created by industrial units carrying out dyeing and printing of fabric in Pali district and to safeguard river Bandi and Nehra Dam from pollution caused by the effluent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley