Suspend work in textile dying, printing units in Pali: NGT
Jodhpur: National Green Tribunal today ordered suspension of work in textile dying and printing units in Pali district that were operating without Consent to Operate from the Rajasthan Pollution Control Board.
The Jodhpur bench of the NGT has also sought a compliance report of its order on May 2, the next date for the hearing.
The order will affect roughly 80 per cent of about 600 dying and printing units in the district.
NGT Chairman Justice Swantanter Kumar pronounced the order while hearing a petition by Shri Kissan Paryavaran Sangharsh Samiti drawing the attention of the tribunal to the grave danger posed by the pollution created by industrial units carrying out dyeing and printing of fabric in Pali district and to safeguard river Bandi and Nehra Dam from pollution caused by the effluent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet