Suspend work in textile dying, printing units in Pali: NGT
Jodhpur: National Green Tribunal today ordered suspension of work in textile dying and printing units in Pali district that were operating without Consent to Operate from the Rajasthan Pollution Control Board.
The Jodhpur bench of the NGT has also sought a compliance report of its order on May 2, the next date for the hearing.
The order will affect roughly 80 per cent of about 600 dying and printing units in the district.
NGT Chairman Justice Swantanter Kumar pronounced the order while hearing a petition by Shri Kissan Paryavaran Sangharsh Samiti drawing the attention of the tribunal to the grave danger posed by the pollution created by industrial units carrying out dyeing and printing of fabric in Pali district and to safeguard river Bandi and Nehra Dam from pollution caused by the effluent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!