Tadoba Tiger Reserve to reopen for tourists
Chandrapur: The Tadoba-Andhari Tiger Reserve (TATR) near here is set to reopen for the tourists from tomorrow following the Supreme Court`s recent directive permitting resumption of tourism activities in the Tiger Reserve areas in the country, a forest official here said.
The Tiger Reserve had been closed after the Supreme Court`s ruling in July this year which had ordered halting of all tourism related activities in areas reserved for the wild cat.
According to the statement issued by TATR field director and chief conservator of forests Veerendra Tiwari, the number of vehicles permitted to take visitors in the core area has been limited to 52 each in the morning and afternoon rounds every day.
The timings for entry of visitors have been fixed from 6.30 AM to 10.30 AM and 2.30 PM to 5.30 PM at present, which is subject to slight changes according to the season, the release said.
Tiwari urged the tourists and wildlife lovers to maintain discipline during their visit and cooperate with the TATR authorities.
TATR is also developing eco-tourism in the reserve along with a tiger conservation plan, as per the guidelines of the National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA), he said.
It will be done under a local advisory committee headed by the divisional revenue commissioner.
The tourism activities going on in the TATR earlier, prior to the Supreme Court`s ruling, were also well within the guidelines of the NTCA, Tiwari added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report