Tadoba Tiger Reserve to reopen for tourists
Chandrapur: The Tadoba-Andhari Tiger Reserve (TATR) near here is set to reopen for the tourists from tomorrow following the Supreme Court`s recent directive permitting resumption of tourism activities in the Tiger Reserve areas in the country, a forest official here said.
The Tiger Reserve had been closed after the Supreme Court`s ruling in July this year which had ordered halting of all tourism related activities in areas reserved for the wild cat.
According to the statement issued by TATR field director and chief conservator of forests Veerendra Tiwari, the number of vehicles permitted to take visitors in the core area has been limited to 52 each in the morning and afternoon rounds every day.
The timings for entry of visitors have been fixed from 6.30 AM to 10.30 AM and 2.30 PM to 5.30 PM at present, which is subject to slight changes according to the season, the release said.
Tiwari urged the tourists and wildlife lovers to maintain discipline during their visit and cooperate with the TATR authorities.
TATR is also developing eco-tourism in the reserve along with a tiger conservation plan, as per the guidelines of the National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA), he said.
It will be done under a local advisory committee headed by the divisional revenue commissioner.
The tourism activities going on in the TATR earlier, prior to the Supreme Court`s ruling, were also well within the guidelines of the NTCA, Tiwari added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know