Tamil Nadu authority to preserve eco sensitive, heritage areas
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J.Jayalalithaa said Friday the state government has decided to set up an authority headed by her for preserving eco-sensitive and heritage areas.
In a statement issued here, Jayalalithaa said following a review meeting of ministers and officials on the preservation of hill/forest stations that attract tourists, it has been decided to set up Tamil Nadu Authority for Preservation of Eco Sensitive and Heritage Areas headed by her.
She said the legal frame for this authority will be introduced in the ensuing assembly session and it will have the necessary powers to preserve the eco sensitive and heritage areas.
She said the government would take series of measures to ensure safety, security and comfort of the tourists visiting the Courtallam falls in the Tirunelveli district.
According to Jayalalithaa the old government cottages in Courtallam would be demolished and a multi-storied tourist guest house with modern facilities would be built.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire