Tamil Nadu authority to preserve eco sensitive, heritage areas
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J.Jayalalithaa said Friday the state government has decided to set up an authority headed by her for preserving eco-sensitive and heritage areas.
In a statement issued here, Jayalalithaa said following a review meeting of ministers and officials on the preservation of hill/forest stations that attract tourists, it has been decided to set up Tamil Nadu Authority for Preservation of Eco Sensitive and Heritage Areas headed by her.
She said the legal frame for this authority will be introduced in the ensuing assembly session and it will have the necessary powers to preserve the eco sensitive and heritage areas.
She said the government would take series of measures to ensure safety, security and comfort of the tourists visiting the Courtallam falls in the Tirunelveli district.
According to Jayalalithaa the old government cottages in Courtallam would be demolished and a multi-storied tourist guest house with modern facilities would be built.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report