Tamil Nadu authority to preserve eco sensitive, heritage areas
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J.Jayalalithaa said Friday the state government has decided to set up an authority headed by her for preserving eco-sensitive and heritage areas.
In a statement issued here, Jayalalithaa said following a review meeting of ministers and officials on the preservation of hill/forest stations that attract tourists, it has been decided to set up Tamil Nadu Authority for Preservation of Eco Sensitive and Heritage Areas headed by her.
She said the legal frame for this authority will be introduced in the ensuing assembly session and it will have the necessary powers to preserve the eco sensitive and heritage areas.
She said the government would take series of measures to ensure safety, security and comfort of the tourists visiting the Courtallam falls in the Tirunelveli district.
According to Jayalalithaa the old government cottages in Courtallam would be demolished and a multi-storied tourist guest house with modern facilities would be built.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur