Tata Group headquarters Bombay House gets `green rating`
New Delhi: Tata Group headquarters `Bombay House` has been given “green rating” by a leading agency for implementing measurable strategies and solutions in five categories -- site and facility management, water efficiency, energy efficiency, health and comfort and innovation, the company said Monday.
Bombay House, located in the commercial capital city Mumbai, was built in 1923. It is the headquarters of the Tata Group that comprises over 100 operating companies in seven business sectors -- communications and information technology, engineering, materials, services, energy, consumer products and chemicals.
According to a statement released here by Tata Group, Bombay House has become India`s first heritage building to get the prestigious “IGBC Green Existing Building Gold” rating by the Indian Green Building Council (IGBC).
The council has given the rating under its IGBC Green Existing Buildings (Operations & Maintenance) rating system.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'