Ten proposals for establishment of zoos in country
New Delhi: The Environment Ministry has received ten proposals for the establishment of new wildlife or zoological parks in the country.
In response to a question in Lok Sabha, Environment Minister Jayanthi Natarajan gave details as per which five of the new proposals came from the state of Uttar Pradesh and another four from Maharashtra.
Madhya Pradesh was the third state which had proposed a Zoo and Rescue centre at Mukundpur in Satna district.
The UP government has proposed a Night Safari in Greater Noida, a lions safari in Etawah, zoo at Ramgarh Tal besides zoos at Agra and Moradabad.
Among the proposals that came from Maharashtra government were a leopard rescue centre at Ahmednagar, panther safari at Roha in Raigad district, rescue centre at Gorewada in Nagpur and Gorewada Zoo in Nagpur.
In answer to another question, Natarajan said that there was a proposal to make amendments in the Wild Life (Protection) Act, 1972.
These amendments envisage incorporation of the provisions of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of wild flora and fauna for enhancing the penalties for violation of any provisions of the Act, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list