TERI starts first-of-its-kind solar lighting lab
Kolkata: To provide a platform for quality testing for off-grid lighting products, The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) has come up with a first-of-its- kind solar lighting laboratory in South Asia.
The lab in Delhi can test products in accordance with methods specified in the International Electrotechnical Commission`s (IEC) framework for evaluating off-grid lighting products.
"This will bring quality solar products not just to people in India, but to all parts of the world. Rural electrification has a huge impact on water and power access," Dr R K Pachauri, director-general, TERI, said in a statement.
The Nobel laureate said that for renewable energy to become popular, it is important to have adequate quality and efficiency safeguards in place to promote solar energy products and systems.
"Solar energy and systems have the potential to meet the needs of people not just in rural areas, but semi-urban and peri-urban areas too. We are committed to sustainable energy for all, and sustainable lighting is an important part of challenge to meet our unique energy needs," Pachauri said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling