TERI starts first-of-its-kind solar lighting lab
Kolkata: To provide a platform for quality testing for off-grid lighting products, The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) has come up with a first-of-its- kind solar lighting laboratory in South Asia.
The lab in Delhi can test products in accordance with methods specified in the International Electrotechnical Commission`s (IEC) framework for evaluating off-grid lighting products.
"This will bring quality solar products not just to people in India, but to all parts of the world. Rural electrification has a huge impact on water and power access," Dr R K Pachauri, director-general, TERI, said in a statement.
The Nobel laureate said that for renewable energy to become popular, it is important to have adequate quality and efficiency safeguards in place to promote solar energy products and systems.
"Solar energy and systems have the potential to meet the needs of people not just in rural areas, but semi-urban and peri-urban areas too. We are committed to sustainable energy for all, and sustainable lighting is an important part of challenge to meet our unique energy needs," Pachauri said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- RBI to lower rates by another 0.50% in FY17: Morgan Stanley
- Telcos take cover under new technology to mask call drops
- Black money: PM Modi to visit Switzerland, discuss issue with Swiss Prez
- Indian discus thrower Seema Punia qualifies for 2016 Rio Olympics
- Karan Singh Grover had a great time at 'The Kapil Sharma Show', wants to visit again!