Terrorising wild bear killed in China
Beijing: A 400-kg wild black bear, which caused havoc in Chinese villages, was shot and killed today in northeastern Heilongjiang Province.
The bear was first sighted in the village of Majiagang in the city of Mishan near the China-Russia border early today causing panic among local residents.
The bear later wandered into the nearby villages of Shijuzi and Lihu. More than 300 local residents were evacuated after the 2-meter-tall bear entered their villages.
The bear was later driven into a pinewood grove by police officers.
"The distance from the grove to the villagers` houses is less than 100 meters. Since local authorities in Mishan have no tranquiliser rifles, the local forestry department was given permission by the provincial forestry department to shoot the bear out of safety considerations," Liu Li, vice director of Mishan`s municipal forestry department told state-run Xinhua news agency.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- 'Invisible hand' behind inaction of CBI, ED in AgustaWestland probe, says Manohar Parrikar in Rajya Sabha
- 'Will give up public life if found guilty in AgustaWestland scam'
- Date for estranged love-birds: Virat Kohli planning a dinner for Anushka Sharma?
- Do yoga, aquatic exercise to get relieve symptoms from multiple sclerosis
- Shah Rukh Khan is a huge, humble star: Waluscha De Sousa