Terrorising wild bear killed in China
Beijing: A 400-kg wild black bear, which caused havoc in Chinese villages, was shot and killed today in northeastern Heilongjiang Province.
The bear was first sighted in the village of Majiagang in the city of Mishan near the China-Russia border early today causing panic among local residents.
The bear later wandered into the nearby villages of Shijuzi and Lihu. More than 300 local residents were evacuated after the 2-meter-tall bear entered their villages.
The bear was later driven into a pinewood grove by police officers.
"The distance from the grove to the villagers` houses is less than 100 meters. Since local authorities in Mishan have no tranquiliser rifles, the local forestry department was given permission by the provincial forestry department to shoot the bear out of safety considerations," Liu Li, vice director of Mishan`s municipal forestry department told state-run Xinhua news agency.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani