Terrorising wild bear killed in China
Beijing: A 400-kg wild black bear, which caused havoc in Chinese villages, was shot and killed today in northeastern Heilongjiang Province.
The bear was first sighted in the village of Majiagang in the city of Mishan near the China-Russia border early today causing panic among local residents.
The bear later wandered into the nearby villages of Shijuzi and Lihu. More than 300 local residents were evacuated after the 2-meter-tall bear entered their villages.
The bear was later driven into a pinewood grove by police officers.
"The distance from the grove to the villagers` houses is less than 100 meters. Since local authorities in Mishan have no tranquiliser rifles, the local forestry department was given permission by the provincial forestry department to shoot the bear out of safety considerations," Liu Li, vice director of Mishan`s municipal forestry department told state-run Xinhua news agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi