Terrorising wild bear killed in China
Beijing: A 400-kg wild black bear, which caused havoc in Chinese villages, was shot and killed today in northeastern Heilongjiang Province.
The bear was first sighted in the village of Majiagang in the city of Mishan near the China-Russia border early today causing panic among local residents.
The bear later wandered into the nearby villages of Shijuzi and Lihu. More than 300 local residents were evacuated after the 2-meter-tall bear entered their villages.
The bear was later driven into a pinewood grove by police officers.
"The distance from the grove to the villagers` houses is less than 100 meters. Since local authorities in Mishan have no tranquiliser rifles, the local forestry department was given permission by the provincial forestry department to shoot the bear out of safety considerations," Liu Li, vice director of Mishan`s municipal forestry department told state-run Xinhua news agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- LIVE: Jallikattu protests turn violent, vehicles near Ice House Police station set on fire
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog