This spider eats the snake
London: Some spiders in South Africa can tangle up a snake by trapping it in the sticky mesh and then spinning a fine web around its coils.
Eventually, the whole snake is forced into a scaly ball by the spider`s strong web.
A shocked office receptionist stumbled upon the insect`s mammoth feat at her workplace in South Africa, The Sun reported Thursday.
Tania Robertson was arriving at the electrical firm when she spotted the brown button spider tucking into possibly its biggest meal ever - a 14-cm long Aurora house snake.
The spider - which is actually quite rare in South Africa - is not as deadly as a black widow but still did damage to the snake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends