Three Bengal tigers born at Paraguay zoo
Asuncion: Three Bengal tigers were born at a zoo in the Paraguay capital Asuncion, its director said today.
The cute trio, born Friday, weigh between 1 and 1.5 kilos (2.2 to 3.3 pounds) and are doing well, Maris Llorens told reporters.
Their proud parents -- Turca and Kachima -- were taken in by the zoo last year after they were abandoned by a circus.
The cubs have yet to be named, and Paraguayans have been asked to submit suggestions.
According to Llorens, the birth of Bengal tigers in captivity is rare.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet