Three Bengal tigers born at Paraguay zoo
Asuncion: Three Bengal tigers were born at a zoo in the Paraguay capital Asuncion, its director said today.
The cute trio, born Friday, weigh between 1 and 1.5 kilos (2.2 to 3.3 pounds) and are doing well, Maris Llorens told reporters.
Their proud parents -- Turca and Kachima -- were taken in by the zoo last year after they were abandoned by a circus.
The cubs have yet to be named, and Paraguayans have been asked to submit suggestions.
According to Llorens, the birth of Bengal tigers in captivity is rare.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday