Three tiger cubs born in Bihar reserve
Patna: A tigress gave birth to three cubs in Bihar`s only tiger reserve -- the second such development in the area in one-and-half years, an official said Wednesday.
"It is a positive development for us as a tigress has given birth to three cubs in Muradpur forest range in the (Valmiki) tiger reserve," said Santosh Tiwari, director-cum-conservator of the Valmiki Tiger Reserve in West Champaran district.
He said reserve officials would maintain a strict vigil on the cubs through camera traps to ensure their survival as in the same area another tigress had given birth to three cubs in 2011 but one of them died soon after.
Tiwari credited the birth of three cubs in the reserve, with 20 tigers, to a friendly environment.
He said the grasslands have been attracting the big cats for the last several years to the reserve, over 200 km from Patna.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!