Three tiger cubs born in Bihar reserve
Patna: A tigress gave birth to three cubs in Bihar`s only tiger reserve -- the second such development in the area in one-and-half years, an official said Wednesday.
"It is a positive development for us as a tigress has given birth to three cubs in Muradpur forest range in the (Valmiki) tiger reserve," said Santosh Tiwari, director-cum-conservator of the Valmiki Tiger Reserve in West Champaran district.
He said reserve officials would maintain a strict vigil on the cubs through camera traps to ensure their survival as in the same area another tigress had given birth to three cubs in 2011 but one of them died soon after.
Tiwari credited the birth of three cubs in the reserve, with 20 tigers, to a friendly environment.
He said the grasslands have been attracting the big cats for the last several years to the reserve, over 200 km from Patna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi