Three tiger cubs born in Bihar reserve
Patna: A tigress gave birth to three cubs in Bihar`s only tiger reserve -- the second such development in the area in one-and-half years, an official said Wednesday.
"It is a positive development for us as a tigress has given birth to three cubs in Muradpur forest range in the (Valmiki) tiger reserve," said Santosh Tiwari, director-cum-conservator of the Valmiki Tiger Reserve in West Champaran district.
He said reserve officials would maintain a strict vigil on the cubs through camera traps to ensure their survival as in the same area another tigress had given birth to three cubs in 2011 but one of them died soon after.
Tiwari credited the birth of three cubs in the reserve, with 20 tigers, to a friendly environment.
He said the grasslands have been attracting the big cats for the last several years to the reserve, over 200 km from Patna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred