Three tiger cubs born in Bihar reserve
Patna: A tigress gave birth to three cubs in Bihar`s only tiger reserve -- the second such development in the area in one-and-half years, an official said Wednesday.
"It is a positive development for us as a tigress has given birth to three cubs in Muradpur forest range in the (Valmiki) tiger reserve," said Santosh Tiwari, director-cum-conservator of the Valmiki Tiger Reserve in West Champaran district.
He said reserve officials would maintain a strict vigil on the cubs through camera traps to ensure their survival as in the same area another tigress had given birth to three cubs in 2011 but one of them died soon after.
Tiwari credited the birth of three cubs in the reserve, with 20 tigers, to a friendly environment.
He said the grasslands have been attracting the big cats for the last several years to the reserve, over 200 km from Patna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal