Tiger census in Tadoba-Andhari reserve on May 25
Nagpur: Forest authorities will conduct a tiger census in Tadoba-Andhari reserve in the neighbouring Chandrapur district during the full Moon on Buddha Purnima on May 25, officials said.
The annual census will be conducted near the water bodies in the tiger reserve for a full 24 hours, commencing on May 25 in the morning and will conclude the next morning.
According to the officials, about 300 persons including 150 volunteers from NGOs working in the field apart from field staff will be deployed for the task.
The forest authorities had received 300 applications, out of which 150 volunteers were selected for the activity, they said.
Each volunteer, along with a forest staff, will be deployed on tree top platform (temporary structure) for round-the-clock vigil.
Tiger Reserve area in-charge Virendra Tiwari and Buffer Zone Deputy Chief Conservator of Forests, Sujay Dodhal are supervising the arrangements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened