Tiger cub found dead in Pench Reserve
Seoni (MP): An 11-month-old tiger cub was found dead in Pench Tiger Reserve near here on Monday.
The carcass of the cub was spotted near a pond by the forest staff assigned to Karmajhiri beat, Director of Pench Tiger Reserve, Alok Kumar, told reporters.
The cub had injury marks on the neck and back and the forest staff conducted the post-mortem of the animal, he said.
Prima facie it appears that a tiger might have tried to kill the cub, they said, adding that its viscera and other body parts were sent to Forensic Science Laboratory at Sagar for further investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore