Tiger cub found dead in Pench Reserve
Seoni (MP): An 11-month-old tiger cub was found dead in Pench Tiger Reserve near here on Monday.
The carcass of the cub was spotted near a pond by the forest staff assigned to Karmajhiri beat, Director of Pench Tiger Reserve, Alok Kumar, told reporters.
The cub had injury marks on the neck and back and the forest staff conducted the post-mortem of the animal, he said.
Prima facie it appears that a tiger might have tried to kill the cub, they said, adding that its viscera and other body parts were sent to Forensic Science Laboratory at Sagar for further investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Massive surge in BJP's seats; counting underway
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena, BJP supporters clash in Mumbai; Congress wiped out from state
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway