Tiger cub found dead in Pench Reserve
Seoni (MP): An 11-month-old tiger cub was found dead in Pench Tiger Reserve near here on Monday.
The carcass of the cub was spotted near a pond by the forest staff assigned to Karmajhiri beat, Director of Pench Tiger Reserve, Alok Kumar, told reporters.
The cub had injury marks on the neck and back and the forest staff conducted the post-mortem of the animal, he said.
Prima facie it appears that a tiger might have tried to kill the cub, they said, adding that its viscera and other body parts were sent to Forensic Science Laboratory at Sagar for further investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters