Tiger cub found dead in Pench Reserve
Seoni (MP): An 11-month-old tiger cub was found dead in Pench Tiger Reserve near here on Monday.
The carcass of the cub was spotted near a pond by the forest staff assigned to Karmajhiri beat, Director of Pench Tiger Reserve, Alok Kumar, told reporters.
The cub had injury marks on the neck and back and the forest staff conducted the post-mortem of the animal, he said.
Prima facie it appears that a tiger might have tried to kill the cub, they said, adding that its viscera and other body parts were sent to Forensic Science Laboratory at Sagar for further investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda