Tiger cub found dead in Pench Reserve
Seoni (MP): An 11-month-old tiger cub was found dead in Pench Tiger Reserve near here on Monday.
The carcass of the cub was spotted near a pond by the forest staff assigned to Karmajhiri beat, Director of Pench Tiger Reserve, Alok Kumar, told reporters.
The cub had injury marks on the neck and back and the forest staff conducted the post-mortem of the animal, he said.
Prima facie it appears that a tiger might have tried to kill the cub, they said, adding that its viscera and other body parts were sent to Forensic Science Laboratory at Sagar for further investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- No evidence against Mahesh Girri in NDMC officer murder: Police
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, three former CMs may lose NSG security cover: Report
- Universe crowded with black holes predicted
- ISRO tells industry to enhance capacity to meet demand
- BJP dares Bihar government to ban VHP meet as Tejaswi Yadav threatens action against Pravin Togadia