Tiger found dead in Kanha Reserve
Mandla (MP): A tiger was found dead today in Kisli range of Kanha Tiger Reserve in Madhya Pradesh, a senior forest official said.
On information that a wild cat was lying dead near the Magarnala area, forest officials rushed to the spot and found the carcass of a male tiger, Kanha Tiger Reserve`s Field Director J S Chouhan said.
The cause behind the death of the tiger is not yet known, he said.
Veterinary experts were called from Jabalpur to carry out the post-mortem of the big cat and to ascertain the cause.
In a separate incident in Kanha Reserve`s buffer zone, a tiger injured a person rearing his domestic animals yesterday in Narangi village area.
When Ghanshyam Yadav was attacked by the tiger, the grazing herd began running helter-skelter and the tiger escaped from the spot, forest sources said.
Yadav was admitted to Jabalpur Medical College for treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price