Tiger found dead in Kanha Reserve
Mandla (MP): A tiger was found dead today in Kisli range of Kanha Tiger Reserve in Madhya Pradesh, a senior forest official said.
On information that a wild cat was lying dead near the Magarnala area, forest officials rushed to the spot and found the carcass of a male tiger, Kanha Tiger Reserve`s Field Director J S Chouhan said.
The cause behind the death of the tiger is not yet known, he said.
Veterinary experts were called from Jabalpur to carry out the post-mortem of the big cat and to ascertain the cause.
In a separate incident in Kanha Reserve`s buffer zone, a tiger injured a person rearing his domestic animals yesterday in Narangi village area.
When Ghanshyam Yadav was attacked by the tiger, the grazing herd began running helter-skelter and the tiger escaped from the spot, forest sources said.
Yadav was admitted to Jabalpur Medical College for treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical