Tiger found dead in Kanha Reserve
Mandla (MP): A tiger was found dead today in Kisli range of Kanha Tiger Reserve in Madhya Pradesh, a senior forest official said.
On information that a wild cat was lying dead near the Magarnala area, forest officials rushed to the spot and found the carcass of a male tiger, Kanha Tiger Reserve`s Field Director J S Chouhan said.
The cause behind the death of the tiger is not yet known, he said.
Veterinary experts were called from Jabalpur to carry out the post-mortem of the big cat and to ascertain the cause.
In a separate incident in Kanha Reserve`s buffer zone, a tiger injured a person rearing his domestic animals yesterday in Narangi village area.
When Ghanshyam Yadav was attacked by the tiger, the grazing herd began running helter-skelter and the tiger escaped from the spot, forest sources said.
Yadav was admitted to Jabalpur Medical College for treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA